Sapphire Lace Scarf

This lace scarf knits up fast, and is perfect for warmer spring days, since it is so light.


I used two balls of KnitPicks Andean Treasure in Sapphire Heather with size 10 needles. I would call this yarn a worsted weight, and it is a baby alpaca yarn, so it's super soft.

CO 40, long tail

Knit one row

Row 1: k across

Row 2: k2, *yo, p4tog; rep from * to end to last two sts, k2

Row 3: k2, *k1, (k1, p1, k1) in yo from previous row; rep from * to end to last 2 sts, k2

Rep rows 1-3 until the scarf is as long as you want. I blocked mine, and this lace pattern opens dramatically, so keep that in mind when knitting, and deciding when to bind off.

After a row 1, knit one more row, then BO using JSSBO or another stretchy BO.

Block this, and weave in any remaining ends.


I love how soft this baby alpaca yarn is, and love the bright blue, slightly turquoise color. This was my first time using this yarn, and I found it very enjoyable and easy to work with.

My finished scarf is 9"x60". Since the lace pattern is three rows, the pattern is completely reversible, so looks the same on both sides.


I hope you all enjoy this pattern!
XOXO, Alyssa


Comments

Popular Posts