Cozy Chevron Cowl

This chunky cowl only takes a few hours, and is that perfect accessory to keep your neck warm. The zig zag pattern adds interest, and is not at all difficult to work up. 
I used two skeins of Loops and Threads Cozy Wool in Caribbean Sea with an N hook. 
In row 2, work in back loops only, and throughout the entire project. 
Ch 32
Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each of next 5 ch, 3 sc in next ch, 1 sc in each of next 7 ch, sk next 2 ch, sc in each of next 7 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in each of next 7 ch, turn. 
Row 2: ch 1, sk 1st st, sc2tog next 2 sts, sc in each of next 5 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 7 sc, sk next 2 sc, sc in each of next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 5 sc, sc2tog in last 2 sc, turn. 
Repeat row 2. 
Fasten off, seam together with one twist, and weave in ends. 
I love the ribbed chevron texture of this chunky cowl! The finished cowl is 10"x30". 
Enjoy this pattern!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

  1. I love this! What a great stitch. I also love the color. I have used that yarn before in the royal blue and the maroon color and it nice to crochet or knit with and very soft. Thanks for sharing the pattern - pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá, Alyssa!
    Amei essa peça, belo trabalho. Parabéns!
    Gostaria muito de fazer, pena que não tem receita em Português... :((
    Obrigada por compartilhar. :))
    Regina Meireles
    Brasil/Rio de Janeiro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cowl looks grand--I worked up the pattern as given for a few test rows. But I would like to make this for a child--cutting the initial "chain 32" down to "chain 20" or so. Any hints as to how to shrink the pattern evenly? Every attempt I've made just hasn't worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest chaining 24, and just not doing the last 3sc in ch and sc in next 7 ch. th pattern would be slightly different, but you would still increase and decrease to make the chevron.

      Delete
  6. I'd quite like to make this, but the two skeins of chucky wool I have are different colours - is there any way of doing this pattern with two colours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, so I started it - so simple, thanks! It'll be easy enough to do stripes/blocks of colour as I go, but what would be useful is to have an approximation of how many rows the finished scarf has, so I can calculate how wide to make my stripes.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I don’t have this scarf with me now, so I can’t count the rows, but I would guess maybe 60 rows. I think it would look nice if you did two rows of each color, so that there would be one ridge on each side. You could also do larger chunks of color though.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, doing them in even numbers is a good tip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts